
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Just a quick post before I sleep.. :)
Watched and re-watched and re-watched the MTV for About a girl..
Really super nice.. Thought I didn't like it..
But now.. It seems to mean alot.. derived new meaning from it..
Though Patson will kill me for this..
The last part about the girl asking him into the car..
Is the girl fantasizing.. The first two was the guy's..
Meaning actually the girl also like him.. -.-"..
Not bad huh.. LOL!! Still think I can identify with the song very well..
Starting, makes it freaking clear.. This whole song is about her..
And how much I miss her, wanna be around her and yet am controlled by her..
Always thinking.. Just in case.. just in case.. just in case..
A case that never happens..
"One song about a girl, can't breathe when I'm around her.."
"I'll wait here everyday, in case she'll scratch the surface.."
"She'll never notice"
But then.. Impossibilities of the situation descend..
Either already having a stead or just being rejected..
The song turns into denial..
Trying to wipe out all thoughts of her..
Singing and singing how the whole song is totally not about her..
How she is not worth the time, the words and the energy..
"I am not in love", "This is not my heart", "This is NOT your song",
"I am not gonna waste these words", "about a girl...."....
And then the video shows u the image of a guy waving goodbye..
Like a finale.. an ending.. How reluctant he is..
But the separation happens anyway..
Thats the part where the whole song tells u something..
Something which I am gonna blog about in my private blog..
If u can infer it.. Then u zai lor.. :)
Not gonna talk much.. sleep early i guess.. though early is classified as 3am.. -.-"..
CHeers..
carved upon my life at 2:45:00 AM