Flying Escapades..

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I am finally back from tekong..
Hahaha.. Was back yesterday actually..
Just too bloody tired to even turn on the com..

Loads happened in such a small shitty week that it felt like it was more than 7 days..
For one, I went for live range..
Shot real bullets..
Became a marksman..
Sucky thing is I gotta reshoot a few times..
Why? CUZ MY BLOODY WEAPON IS NOT ZERO-ED!!
Then I can only aim top left shoulder..
Cuz I not sure where the bullet really landed..
And if u ask me..
Aiming for exactly the left shoulder only ain't a shit easy task..
Had range on sunday..
Shot 19 bullets in the day and 20 in the night..
19 cuz of 5 magazines.. 4 of 4 bullets and 1 of 3 bullets..
Cuz I missed like freaking many shots in the day..
I had to retake it on monday..
So that fateful day, I shot more than 80 rounds (meaning bullets..)
One bullet cost about 60 cents according to one of the sir..
I am like.. OMG!! so FREAKING EX!!
Anyway.. I kept reshooting until I exchanged rifle with my fren..
Borrowed his wife in essence.. I would say his wife super effective..
Other than the first shot which I manually zero-ed.. I shot down all the other targets in succession :)

Thoughts on shooting a real weapon..
Kinda fun in my opinion..
Some platoon mate actually misfired..
He and his assistance checked and said his weapon was cleared..
So he squeezed off that time.. Got live round come out..
And he wasn't slanting his bloody weapon..
He kena scolded by Sir.. "EH!! WHY IS THERE A ROUND INSIDE!! DIDN'T I ASK YOU TO CHECK CLEAR FIRST!!"
That bloody ass replied.. "I checked clear SIR!!"
And when he was saying that, he turned his body, along with his rifle..
The whole line like nearly shit in their pants sia.. Cuz his rifle swing into their direction(right)..
The other sergeant on the left quickly shouted.. "OI!! POINT YOUR RIFLE IN FRONT!!"
That ass.. Know what he did?
He swung his bloody rifle the other way and said.. "I AM SORRY SERGEANT!!"
Wa.. KNN!! The whole line like totally preparing go heaven..
Scared like shit.. Imagine an ass just firing a live round by accident..
And then he swing his rifle in your direction.. KNN!!
Can be bloody charged can.. One shot and goodbye world liao.. WTF!!

Anyway.. He wasn't charged, nor was he confined.. Think he got guard duty..
FREAKING HENG SIA!!
Tuesday was start of field camp..
So, together with our LBV(a vest where we can store grenades, magazines, bottle, bayonet.. ETC..) and our FIELD PACK(which is bloody heavy..), we set off..
And know what?
It started raining like siao..
Cat 1 was raised even..
Meaning lightning was present.. Meaning its dangerous..
And in the rain, we pitched our "basha" - our tent..
Give us time limit somemore..
Anyway, Day 1 was spent just like that.. Rushing to pitch a basha and digging a drainage system around all the tents..
Not easy k.. kns.. Feel like some bangala digging singapore's drainage system..

So.. We slept at 8 plus.. After powder bathing..
Woke up and cuz we weren't used to it..
We were kinda late.. Or they were very late.. I was like only 4 mins off.. hard to see in the dark k..
Not allowed to on flashlight..
Not allowed to talk loudly..
Super many things not allowed.. Wth..
And so, Second day began with us being f**ked by the sergeants..
Learned to do PT with my wife.. Cannot dirty her.. Or will kena..
So must hold her high.. Off the ground.. Some of the exercises include..
Jumping Jacks, squat benders, crunches, push-ups.. etc...
They say late one min equals 2 counts of 4..
We late 20 mins.. or more i think..
I only remembered being pissed.. Zzzz..
Had Ration packet Breakfast..
Changed and prepared for that day's lesson..
Learned the cigar formation, learnt how to walk in the jungle(aka the formation..), Learned hand signals(which i missed out last time.. etc..
Received blanks(empty bullets).. Learnt survival techniques.. Firing commands.. Leopard Crawl.. Back Crawl..
Had fun with Team Singapore vs "Bad Guys"..
Died as an IC of my group of 3.. Wasn't in cover and I was "shot"..
Had fun killing 4 ppl with 6 bullets as the bad guy.. heh.. Actually all 6 hit de.. but 2 they never count as hit.. -.-"...
Had fun la.. Dun wanna elaborate le.. Kinda similar anyway.. Rained again btw..

Day 3 was spent digging shell scrape..
Kena blisters.. Like alot.. Backaches.. etc etc..
Then it rained damn bloody heavily..
The OC asked us to pack up.. And so we spent one night less in the wild..
Oh yeah.. Day 3 was super irritating..
Our bashas were "tornado-ed"(meaning they tore down our things..)
We were asked to clean up in 15 mins..
Meaning repitch and clear up rubbish around area..
I was ready early..
Some guys were late and in the end.. We were told to keep all our bashas back into our field packs.. in 10 mins..
I was already feeling breathless.. But just tong lor.. If not so weak meh.. -.-
I not hum ji kind.. So.. I got it done.. Hahaha..
But I was quite smart.. Not smart la.. More like I know they sure ask us pitch back..
So I didn't untie my tent pegs..
I just wrapped them and stuff them into my fren's field pack since mine was bloody full..
My buddy reported sick btw..
So I have twice as many things to take care of.. -.-"..
Anyway.. True enough..
Next command.. "Set up and report back in 10 mins.."
I did it with another buddy in a record timing of 3 mins..
Heh.. With a scout there.. Of cuz can la.. >.<
Shit thing is the place bloody muddy..
I kena heat rash ever since the second day and it was insane..
Really super jialat..
Everyone else who tio report sick..
Only I tong.. My fren say just go fake report back pain and go back to company line la..
Cuz heat rash is no cure de..
I was like.. please.. I not like the rest.. Dun like to chao geng..
PES C already so super slack le.. Still slack might as well go die..

Oh yeah.. And we had to rewear dirty and wet uniform in the morning..
STINKS LIKE SHIT! Cuz it didn't dry.. OMG!!
Made my rashes worse in my opinion..
And I saw scorpions, termites(i was camping right on top of them please..), weird bugs.. etc..
Damn scared see snake.. Only thing I damn scared of.. Thanks to all those stupid TV/Movies..
I got bitten by some bug also.. Right middle Finger and right ear was damn pain for about an hour..
It was on the underside of my basha and it climbed on my ear while i brush past the top of the underside of the tent..
Killed it when I brushed it off.. Think I tore its legs or what when I flicked it off..
Anyway.. Missed BIC cuz I had an interview.. Which was later cancelled..
And so so so.. Day 4 was spent cleaning up.. very jialat..
EVERYTHING SUPER DIRTY!!
Booked out.. Had hokkien mee.. My fav stall.. and then go home, wash clothes.. Bathe and sleep..

Now... Regarding today.. Collected pay.. About 1 k plus..
They discounted me about 100 dollars somemore.. Balance mailing to me..
Ignored Brenda the sucker and also Ruby who didn't even bother saying hi..
Ah Tan was super friendly, along with dorine..
Alona and Mavi were like so-so.. :)
The production side welcomed me back sia..
Like cuz I had good r/s with them.. :)
Esp the driver who helped me settle my delivery..
The packers who made certain things possible..
And the manager and supervisor of that side who somehow liked me alot.. hahaha.. :)
Went played pool after that.. Missed out on tennis and basketball cuz i was too late..
Loitered around arcade for awhile before heading to the airport at 6.45 to send my cousin off..
Spent a whole 80 plus mins on the bus..
An incident occured in the seats in front of me..
Got two siblings quarrelling.. The elder brother was kind and bought tickets for his sis..
But his sister claimed she wasn't informed and had afterwards bought another one..
Cuz they were far apart in the queue apparently..
The brother's claims that he had already told her was waved off and they quarrelled about how they wasted money buying one extra ticket..
I took out 55cents and told him.. Let me buy it...
Main intent was to solve their problem..
But in taking the ticket.. It was to one, not let him feel like its a favour..
Cuz I did have the ticket in return.. Though it was worthless to me..
Two, In buying it, I wanted the siblings to know..
That they have to learn to solve their communication errors this time and prevent it from happening..
Three.. To tell the brother that he was doing the right thing by buying for his sister..
And to not lessen his sense of responsibility over his sister..
None of these things were said.. Just hope he will learn them one by one..
I just said.. in chinese.. " There.. Its settled.. Small thing only.. Dun need argue liao ok?"
Hahaha.. I was hoping that a officer checking would come up so he would realise that I hadn't bought the ticket for myself.. Just in case he thought so..
So that he can know that I meant him to learn the lessons involved..
And really.. An "officer" came onboard..
They were asleep.. And the sister lost her ticket..
I just gave them back their ticket.. Hahaha.. The extra ticket had a purpose after all.. :)
I found her ticket on the floor afterwards and returned her..
They alighted at bedok with they uncle and auntie i presume..
Didn't look like their parents..

Second interesting thing on the bus..
An oil tanker overturned outside EXPO..
Super jialat.. They had to redirect traffic from the puddle of oil leaking out..
Anyway.. Sent cousin off, ate dinner and home I reached..
This post is getting long.. I shall end it with a very true qoute describing the army...
"Rushing to wait.. Waiting to rush.."
Cheers.

Another page
carved upon my life at
11:05:00 PM


About Me

I shall update soon


Chatter





Some of my friends...

My private space
Adele Teo
Branson
Jiawenn
Joanna
Li Juan
Patson
Sarah
Zen

Past Escapades

There shall be nothing here for now.